bidvertiser

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Story 2. Alone With Her

I composed my self when I stepped into the building. I have twenty minutes left before my interview.

The building was very tall, standing proud along with others in the heart of Ortigas.

What happened to me in the MRT train was a total torture. It made me lost my focus. Still, I managed to pacify myself.

My interview was in the 8th floor. So I have to use the elevator. I took the lift along with two men. Both of them got out when we came to a stop in the 3rd floor- leaving me alone.

Conciously, I checked the room. As if anticipating another manifestations. It seemed normal. Then, the elevator took another halt in the 4th floor. A woman, dressed in an office attire, walked in. She was in her 30's.

I smiled at her as soon as we met eyes. I was abled to take a look outside the floor before the door closes. The floor was very quiet. There were no movements.

Having a beautiful woman all by myself in a small stead gave me a taste of revelry. Well, just that, nothing more. And I evenhad the guts to wish that the elevator would take forever to hit the 8th floor. I love the view.

Then, suddenly, I realized that the lift was taking longer than it should be. Dumbed, I snatched a glimpse of the buttons. I jolted on my feet when I saw that we weren't moving at all. I was sure that the elevator is going up.

Alarmed, I wanted to inform the woman that something was wrong. If we don't do anything, we could be in trouble. I turned to her. But it shocked me to see her leaning against the parapet- lifeless! Her head was gorged with blood drenching all over her dress.

I wanted to run but there no escape! I forced myself at the corner as if there was protection there.

The last thing I remembered before darkness enveloped my world was- her hands moved as if trying to reach the doors.

I woke up and found myself alone inside the lift. Then the elevator stopped at the 8th floor. I felt very dizzy. My head ached. When the door opened up, at least ten people greeted me in awe.



As if some of them knew what happened to me. They help me out but I declined.

I heard one say, "Malamang nakasabay niya si Mylene (Maybe Mylene has ride with him)."

Whoever that Mylene was, I don't want to know. And whatever her story, I took no concern about it. All I ever wanted was to get myself out of the place.

I never had that interview. And the job of course. My chance has slipped away.

Going home, I lied in my bed thinking about the encounters. The past resetted and it gave me an unpleasant feeling. A chill that I know would stay long if not forever. Maybe for the rest of my life.

It was a one hell of a day.

No comments: